On March 31, 2022, in Bursa, Turkey by the decision of the extraordinary meeting of the Permanent Council of Ministers of Culture of the Member States of the International Organization of Turkish Culture (TÜRKSOY) the ancient cradle of mugham art Shusha city was declared as the “Cultural Capital of the Turkic World” for 2023.
The foundation of the "Cultural Capital of the Turkic World" project was laid in 2010 at the 10th Summit of the Heads of the Turkic Speaking States, which held in Istanbul. According to their common decision, every year one city of the Turkic world is declared as the "Cultural Capital".
Over the years, the cities as Astana (2012, Kazakhstan), Eskishehir (2013, Turkey), Kazan (2014, Tatarstan – Russia), Merv (2015, Turkmenistan), Sheki (2016, Azerbaijan), Turkestan (2017, Kazakhstan), Kastamonu (2018, Turkey), Osh (2019, Kyrgyzstan), Khiva (2020, Uzbekistan) and Bursa (2022, Turkey) have been declared as the "Cultural Capital of the Turkic world". Shusha is the 11th city of the Turkic world, which became the capital of the year of the Turkic world.
According to the 15th article of this Action Plan, dated on October 19, 2023, the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan, jointly with the other institutions will hold an international scientific conference on "Ahmad Aghaoglu and the Turkic world".
Life, environment and personality of Ahmet Aghaoglu
Artistic creativity and literary activity of Ahmet Aghaoglu
Press activity and publicism of Ahmet Aghaoglu
Epistolary legacy of Ahmet Aghaoglu
Social and political activities of Ahmet Aghaoglu
The worldview of Ahmet Aghaoglu
The ideal of Turkish unity of Ahmet Aghaoglu in the context of history and modernity
Conference working languages: Azerbaijani, Turkish, English
Conditions for participation in the conference:
The conference can be attended by researchers from Azerbaijan and foreign countries. To do this, an abstract (abstract) of at least 1500 characters must be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org before June 15, 2023, indicating the purpose of the study, method, sources used and possible scientific results. An appropriate decision will be made after the assessment of the abstracts by experts in the field in terms of the relevance of the conference theme, methods of scientific research and the originality of the research.
Articles sent to the conference should not be published anywhere before, should not be included in the chapter, main title or subtitle of a published book, defended dissertation.
Article formatting rules:
- Texts must be typed in A4 format, without wrapping words from line to line;
- The text must be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx);
- The text of the article must be at least 16,000 characters and not more than 32,000 characters, including keywords, abstract and bibliography.
- The article should be written in Times New Roman, 14 pt, 1.5 intervals;
- At the beginning of the text, in large and dark type in the middle, indicate the title of the report, at the bottom right, in small and dark type, the name and surname of the author, degree (if any), scientific name (if any), place of work and e-mail address are indicated under it in small and regular print ;
- if the text of the article is written in Azerbaijani, English and Russian, if written in Turkish, in English, if written in English, the summary should be given in Azerbaijani;
- the volume of the resume should be 150-250 words;
- in each thesis, the title of the article and the full name of the author (authors) must be indicated;
- you must specify at least 5 keywords in the languages in which the abstracts are written;
- the list of literature should be compiled in the order of use, references in the article are given in square brackets (for example: [5, p.12]);
- in the list of used literature, information about each reference should be given in accordance with the bibliographic description of scientific articles;
Conference announcement date: May 15, 2023
Abstract submission deadline: June 15, 2023
Announcement of accepted abstracts: June 25, 2023
Deadline for submitting the full text of the report: July 25, 2023.
Announcement of Accepted Full Texts: September 25, 2023
Announcement of the conference program: October 5, 2023
Publication of conference proceedings: December 2023
e-mail address of the Conference Organizing Committee: